Friday, June 30, 2006

now that i am 24...

A brief insight into my life:

There was a time in my life recently where I played a lot of yahoo! games. I tried to be fair to all of them but I couldn’t follow through and I ended up exclusively playing pile-up and text-twist. And then it was exclusively pile-up (though text-twist will always be there for me, waiting). And then I got Merrill hooked. And then we would compete about scores. But strangely, I stopped playing. I don’t know if had to do with boredom, or john’s incessant disbelief that Merrill and I would devote so much of our time playing “the game.” But I stopped. For several months in fact. Today though, while playing demo games on my new cell phone, the first minute of pool and tetris, on repeat, I realized that not only do I have a computer that has a large screen with which I can tell the difference between colors, but I have access to the world wide web, which will supply me with free full length games. So I went back to my old standby, yahoo! games.

They have changed it.

I will allow that some changes have to do with time, my browser and shockwave editions needed to be brought up to date. I will accept that. But the format, the appearance. I dislike it. True I deal with change as well the next 80 year old crotchety male who sits next to you on the T, but still, I do not like how the new set up looks or how they organize it and how they want you to buy the games and download them, instead of just offering them to on the web.

The world is changing my friends.


But updates on my life!

1. I have a car! It is a 98 Honda Accord with the following accruements:

- leather seats

- V6 engine

- moon roof(!)

- that automatic temperature digital thingy (so you don’t need to guess that you want the temperature of the car to be 30% red and 70% blue)

- bowling ball hole guides or coin slot holders (you choose)

and all this comes in the very fancy color of heather mist metallic (in simpler terms: silver). It is better and nicer then any car I ever thought I would own in the next ten years and I love it with all my heart. Right now it is at home being driven by my siblings. I call and check up on it.


2. I have an apartment!

It is with Meggie, three miles from campus. We each have our own room, and bathroom. Plus there is a dishwasher and a washer and dryer in the apartment. I am living the high life. PLUS, vaulted ceilings in the living room.


3. I broke John’s car!

No, not really. I hope not at least. John oh so nicely let me borrow it for the summer while he is staying in Bolivia (trying to regain his life from Hannah). And while I was at home getting no. 1 and 2 it was parked in front my Boston home. And when I came back it wouldn’t start. After several conversations with the men that AAA sent to help me start my car and john’s friendly Hispanic car fixer-uper, it was determined that the starter was on FIRE. FIRE. There was a FIRE in his car. Sometime between when it was parked at the house. I am confused how this happened. Maybe spontaneous combustion does exist. But by golly the rubber does look melted on the starter so I am going with them on this. The moral of this story is, do not park your car in front of my Boston house for a week and a half or it will catch FIRE. But John’s friendly Hispanic mechanic (possibly named George) says that it should all the patched up by tomorrow, so all might be well.


4. I watched the complete new season of Sopranos in one day on onDemand.

5. i was retested for dylexia and add. best ego trip ever. or worst. ALOT of backhanded compliements. such as:

"i am so surprised someone as intelligent as you are can't remember sixteen words after they have been told to her five different times!"

what i am taking from that is, "by golly you are a genius! GENIUS."

and that is what i have been up to in the two weeks since i turned the illustrius and distinguished age of 24.

1 Comments:

Blogger Brea said...

I'm so sorry I haven't been keeping up. I'm excited to see you in a little over a week and VERY glad you'll be in the midwest!
See you sooooooooon!!

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home